Mario Bros.

As with most of my previous projects, I saw a picture of a completed quilt and thought to myself, “I can do that!”  I started this project shortly after completing my dads Tetris quilt.  I printed a picture, counted out the squares and did some sewing math (see kids, you really DO need math!) and planned it out.  I cut all 864 squares before starting to sew, which is unusual for me because I typically get too impatient to get to the fun stuff and cut as needed.  But given the large number of squares needed, I wanted to make sure I was organized.



This kind of sewing is peaceful to me.  I don’t have to think much about what I am doing…just sew in a straight line.  I was likely binge-watching something on Netflix, sitting quietly in my own thoughts, or gabbing with my girls about the latest high school goings on.

I finished the top.  I quilted it.  And then it sat on the back of my couch, folded, for nearly a year!

Finally, recently I found the lost fabric I was going to use for the binding and got to work to complete it.


This was a challenging and fun quilt to work on.  And I just love the finished product!  It takes me back to the 80’s, when playing Nintendo was one of my family’s favorite past-times.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s